Please review the Eligibility Requirements to determine if you qualify for a C.H.A.M.P. Assistance Dogs Inc. service dog and then Contact Us or call our office at (314) 653-9466 if you have questions, or are interested in receiving an application to apply for a C.H.A.M.P., Inc. service dog.
- Applicants must have a physical disability other than loss of vision or loss of hearing.
- You must live in St. Louis, Southern Illinois or the surrounding areas to be eligible to apply. A general guideline is residence within 50 miles of our business office in Florissant, Missouri.
- Applicants must be at least 18 years of age for a Public Access or Facility Dog. Children must be at least 5 years of age for an Assisted Home Therapy Dog or Home Therapy Dog. Home Service Dogs are determined case-by-case.
- Applicants must be willing to participate in placement/follow-up training. The training might occur in your home or out in the community and is dependent on the type of category of dog placed. Follow-up also consists of phone calls, completion of forms for our office and face-to-face meetings on occasion throughout the entire partnership.
- Applicants must have stability in their home life. Definitely no new pets during the application process and for at least a year after placement.
- An applicant or their family must be able to physically, financially and emotionally meet the needs of one of these very special dogs.
- An applicant must provide the dog with ample opportunity to perform the skills it has been trained to do.